This morning, Thursday, Jan. 13, there was a fire in Plainville and firefighters had to locate the nearest fire hydrant and shovel it out before it could be used.
We ask that all residents and owners of commercial property to take the time and locate the one closest to their property and shovel around them to make accessible to fire fighters.
Due to the unusual dry conditions and no rainfall predicted in the seven day forecast, open burning and recreational campfires are prohibited in Plainville.
The following students were named local winners in this year’s . Hannah Nicole Charest, grade 4 from Toffolon School and Jonathan M. Olson, grade 5 from Linden Street School were grand prize winners in the Connecticut Fire Prevention Poster Contest.
Larry A. Sutherland, Plainville fire marshal, has announced local children are participating in this year's Fire Prevention Poster Contest. The contest theme is “Fire Prevention-Everyone/Everyday.” Its purpose is to promote child and adult awareness of fire prevention responsibilities.
Plainville Fire Marshal Larry Sutherland would like to warn residents about chimney cleaning scams: